Friday, December 26, 2008

Loving School. And loving Medschool more. :)

As I gamble my thoughts, and ramble my emotions, still, I cant stop thinking about my Medical School applications. I've fallen in love on the career I wanted since I was a kid: being a medical doctor. Upon refreshing my childhood memories, and seeking answers on why I'd love to be in the medical field, here are some foolish, but reasonable answers:

:: I love going at the hospital. I love to see my Pedia back when I was a kid, and loved seeing doctors even more when I grew up. I don't have any health problems of some sort, but I love to seek help from doctors, most of the time.
:: I love the scent of alcohol. Er, the rubbing/ethyl alcohol or scientifically known as ethanol, and isopropyl alcohol :D (alcohol is R-OH, so ethanol would be: CH3CH2OH, and isoproyl alcohol would be CH3CH2CH2CH2OH.) :D
:: I love white. Yeah, I like pink, but I LOOOVE white. It's clean looking. :)
:: I love the hospital rush. :) I tend to make friends with the staff whenever a family member needs to be confined in the hospital, from doctors, medical technologists (yeah, technologists, not technicians), and nurses. I make sure to witness every detail on how they work, looking on the nurse's chart when he/she's busy changing the dextrose, look on how the med techs draw blood and look at their toolboxes (haha.. seriously):) while they're busy drawing blood. Probably if I'll be the one to be confined, I'll ask them like hell, or help them out, or probably draw blood on my own when I know how to do it. :D
:: I love our Physiology Class. Although I gave focus on Animal Physiology (go Zoology Majors!! Haha), It gave me loads of information, and gave me the chance of having the ultimate Physiology Bible: The Medical Physiology by Guyton and Hall. :D Nerdy stuff, but cool. :) I fell in love with the book. :D seriously. :D
:: I tend to look for a lot of info regarding the doctors' diagnosis. :D When my mom have to had kidney biopsy, the doctor just wrote down the diagnosis on the sheet for the insurance. My mom not knowing the real scenario, I looked it up on my "Bible". Thanks to it, I won the bet. :D
:: I love Grey's Anatomy. :D and House.:D and Private Practice. :D
:: I love to spend my day walking and or running around places. :) I love the action. :D

Probably that won't be enough, but isn't it enough evidence that I'm born to be a doctor? :D Hahaha..:D

But that won't really be enough if I'll just be sleeping over my Medical Admissions. Exams. Personal Data. Application Forms. Essays (Yeah, essays). Certificates from School Officials. Recommendation Letters (Oh Good Lord, help me with this). Official Transcript of Records (3.5 years of stay, yeah, for evaluation purposes). :D

After all this and that, especially after this year, January comes with a bulk of work. But together with that, a dose of optimism and excitement for my Medical School Years to come. :) Honestly, I have the MedSchool of my choice, but I won't spill it out yet. But hints: You'll graduate with a double degree when you enter this MedSchool. :D Ultimately new, but a competitive University. :D (haha... probably a lot of you know it already).

After five years or more, after the Board Exams, New York (US guys, US) would be a place to stay. :D I'll just specialize there, and come back afterwards. Probably another five years or so. :D

Positive thinking. It's my way of enduring pain, and looking for success. :D

No comments: