Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ice Cream!! :D

I loved Ice Cream ever since. It's my ultimate good mood food, next to coffee. :D So coffee flavored ice cream would really be my favorite. :D Hahaha!! :D

Even though I've flooded my self with all kinds of ice cream, I never attempted to buy the most expensive ones. But with the grace of God, I had a taste of one of the most delicious Ice Creams in the world.

Haagen-Dazs!!!

As we strolled at Duty Free this afternoon as part of family tradition every time my dad goes home, I had self-control over the things I wanna buy: A Ferragamo perfume (Incanto Charm), A pair of shoes from Crocs, or a printed version of Jansport. I let go of them all, coz it's impossible for me to persuade my dad of buying those, and the Jansport bag, although possible, would be up for April, as a new dude for Medskewl. I have to laugh every time I imagine myself wearing those all-white Med school uniforms, on a skirt at least, and using a printed Jansport Bag. But it won't matter to me anymore, as comfort must be first than fashion or style. :) Medschool would mean a lot of school books, Medical books of course, characterized by hard-bound ones, up to n thousand pages. :) So a backpack would really help. :)

Anyway, we just walked past through that portion of the shop, so it didn't matter at all. The thing is, what I always looked forward everytime we go at Duty Free is the grocery shop where you could find stuffs rich in Sodium: junkfoods. :) Next to ice cream would be junkfoods, of course. The day won't be complete without my parents seeing me loading a lot of Friday's chips, cans of PikNik and Pringles, and all sorts of goodies. :)

And then I saw the generic Haagen-Dazs freezer somewhere in line with their chiller. Everytime we go to a grocery store, I just walk past through their freezer, 'coz I can't afford to buy one. But then, because the price were all in dollars, I just checked out their prices. A pint costs $8.00. Wow. So I didn't bother to continue reading at the prices anymore.

But then, another freezer, at the other end of the corner was there, standing. begging like "Hey Aine! Try Me, Try Me, TRY ME!!!!" So I brought the topic to my dad about eating expensive ice creams. He told me, "You can't blame them, they're one of the best." So I stared on the contents of the freezer, and there you could find: tiny doses of ice cream, those Php10.00 ice cream cups that we have in the supermarket. My dad followed us on the freezer, and told us "Okay girls, you can have some, just for you to have a dose of it." My heart jumped with joy, as if I haven't tasted ice cream before, then I picked up the coffee flavored one, then my sister picked up the Belgian Chocolate one. Then my dad laughed at me, saying: "If you're going to taste it, better the unusual flavors, ones that you haven't tasted before." So I made my sister change my ice cream to Belgian Chocolate flavor as well, bearing in mind that the word "Belgian" is something that really makes it unique to any oher chocolate ice creams. Haha! XD

And so, as we paid up the items, and opened the ice cream, my spoon was broken. I have to wait for my sister to finish her ice cream up before making me eat mine. Haha! :)

And what's the difference? Really Belgian. Exotic Belgian Chocolate, with Belgian Chocolate bits that melts in your mouth. A real Belgian Chocolate experience. Exquisite. :D

And the price? $2.90. Converting it up to approximately Php 130.00. :P

Size? 100 mL. Wow. For the price, it's like having half a gallon of local ice cream. Hahahahaha!! XD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sulit na rin! parang gusto kong subukan! :)

- tenco

Anonymous said...

at naalala ko ang arce dairy. mas murang brand ng ice cream pero swak na swak ang sarap sa esophagus!

- tenco

Anonymous said...

Saya naman ng family nyo. ^^

I like ice cream too! Lagi akong nagwa-one scoop ng Haagen Dazs sa may Greenbelt pag napapadaan ako.

Mura talaga sa Duty Free. Sarap mag shopping dun. Ka-miss naman.

aiweenee said...

salamat Emily! :)

Hahaha... Kaso sa panahong ganito, hindi ko na yata muna matitikman ang labs nating icecream. :))