Thursday, January 1, 2009

Going Back to my Childhood Moments

I can't deny the fact that one of the reasons why I was left all alone was all because of my childish attitude. But I can't blame myself, 'coz I wasn't able to spend my childhood days going to places, experiencing picnic moments with the rest of the family, or having frequent reunions, because my Dad's been working abroad ever since I was not yet born in this world. :)

Childish. Duper Childish Me.

With that, after spending those hard times bearing the sadness of just seeing him once a year, it became possible for us to see him twice a year, and now, spend our vacation altogether going to places, for we now have the means, and probably, my Dad has spared enough for me and my sister's future, as well as for his retirement. :)

This year was a hard year, but as we welcomed the new year, we ended up the day going to Star City, after visiting my Godfather and Godmother's house, which was a family tradition, if not on Christmas Day, on New Year's Day. :)

Star City is located at CCP complex, somewhere in Sotto St., and we went there by bus (from Boni Avenue, we rode the bus with signboard LRT Ayala/Leveriza). The bus would be leading you somewhere on the side of the theme park, that would take you a five-minute walk for you to reach the destination. :)

When we reached the destination, we we're so excited to experience the rides, the Snow World and the Dino Island, so we hurried up to the gate, my dad fell in line for us, and made us avail the full amenities of the theme park: A ride-all-you-can wrist tag, with the fees for Snow World and Dino Island!! Weeeee!! :P


The Tag and the stamps, after availing the amenities (Snow World, the rectangular one on my wrist, and the Dino Island, the fuzzy one covered by the tag)

As soon as we went inside, me and my sister parted ways with my mom and dad. We were together for the rest of the day, and we enjoyed our shrieks as we tried fearlessly the rides that were designed for adults. Both of us are grown-ups now, so we laugh out loud whenever we find each other still afraid trying on the tummy-turning rides. :) Haha! :) My spectacles almost fell off with that topsy-turvy ride, with circular hoops and inverted stunts. :) I shouted like crazy!! :)

We enjoyed the rides, and Snow World, but we weren't able to get pics because using gadgets were prohibited inside the Big Freezer, approximately having -15 degrees Celsius. :) I enjoyed the duper cold and snowy experience, 'coz I thought of it as an opportunity of experiencing New York's winter once I get there. :) The last time I experienced that so much cold was 11 years ago, at South Korea. :D As we find our way towards the exit after several minutes of cold, my ears and nose are numb, as if they could be taken off when pinched. :) haha! And as we took off our jackets at the conditioning room before going out, my glasses were all eaten up by fog. Good thing my iPod and cellphone didn't moist after sudden changes in temperature. :)

So, most of the pics were taken at Dino Island. :) Good thing you could capture images inside the exhibit area. :)

Me and my Sister. :)

Rawr. :P

Smoooch!! (See Dino's Face!! Hahaha!! :))

With Dino bones (those were replicas, of course.)

Cave moments. :D

What's funny is that you'll spend almost an hour filing yourselves to experience a ride, but will have the ride just for about 5-10 minutes. :) So what me and my sis went in most of the time were the exhibit areas. :) Harhar! :)

And after all those shrieks, painful rides (for some of them don't have soft seats at all), long standing and walking hours, I was really, really tired, and was haggard looking. :)

Ann: "Ate, ampanget na ng buhok mo!! Haha!!"
Aine: (see the photo above)


Tired. :)

I thought it was only me and my sister who'll be having fun, but my mom and dad had fun as well after seeing the ballet dancers from Lisa Macuja-Elisalde's School of Ballet at Aliw Theater. :)

And so, we finished the moments hungry (but of course, we had series of pica-picas while strolling the park). We decided to eat out, at Festival Mall, but the van that went in front of us as we crossed the road was going to Mall of Asia, so we ate there.

We ate dinner at Bangus. :D I saw Monsi with his pile of relatives. :) And what's fun was, I had showers of novels from my dad! :)

Still the day isn't over yet, so the last thing I decided to do was: To Blog it all up!! :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hay ang sarap nito. It's nice feeling like a 5-year-old kid again...

- Tenco